SweetPro Pasture MP lick blocks are designed for dairy and beef cattle on green grass in the summer months. This non-molasses lick block is the premier vehicle to deliver nutrients–because they do not “sag” in the summer. Heat does not make them soft or sticky. It also serves as a vehicle for intake of Diatomaceous Earth.
This unique, patented formula consists of fermented grains (barley malt, oats, wheat and flax), yeast, live enzymes, dried distiller’s grain, and probiotics and prebiotics to improve animal health, milk production and weight gain.
Note: The horn fly control ALTOSID® IGR may be added to any of the SweetPro tubs. This may provide effective fly control for 3 ½ to 4 cents per head/day. During horn fly season, without fly control, daily average gain may be reduced by 0.25 lbs. per hd/day. But an Altosid IGR (Insect Growth Regulator) feed-thru fly control investment of $4.50 to $5.50 per cow/calf pair for a summer feeding season will yield returns from 6:1 to 10:1.
Sold in 250lb tubs or bulk.
All our SweetPro products break from the tradition of molasses blocks, and provide your livestock with healthier supplements that help their digestive systems perform at their natural best.
The benefits from our blends of ingredients and advanced processes, supports animals that grow stronger, faster and avoid many of the health problems with which cattle, horse, sheep and goat owners traditionally have struggled.
The result is healthier animals, better profitability, feed cost savings, less wasted labor and lower overhead. SweetPro products give you a simpler approach to managing your livestock and your business, through better feed supplement science.
1. SweetPro blocks use Condensed Distillers Solubles with much higher protein and nearly 10 times the fat as molasses, plus enhanced aroma and palatability.
2. Energy in SweetPro blocks comes from complex carbohydrates instead of the simple sugars of molasses. This supports resistance to digestive disruption from sugar and starch (No Negative Associative Effect, NAE) digestion on the microbial populations which digest fiber in the rumen, keeping rumen pH high for health support.
3. Supported overall digestion and excellent feed efficiency with SweetPro’s fermentation feed ingredients, rich in yeasts and volatile organic acids that support rumen fermentation.
In SweetPro blocks, there’s virtually no starch or sugar and minimal NSC (non-structural carbohydrate). Instead, the focus is on complex (structural) carbohydrate and high by-pass protein value in the distiller’s grain carrier. We then emphasize a top quality vitamin and mineral package with complex organic trace minerals to maximize bioavailability. Your cattle not only get the extra benefit of the supplement’s ingredients, but they also get up to 25% more out of the rest of their feed.
4. The safe, protein sources of SweetPro blocks include high rumen by pass ingredients to give calves, cows, bulls and goats an extra boost. No Urea in any of the SweetPro products.
5. SweetPro blocks are fortified with Vitamins A, D and E, and a balanced blend of chelated trace minerals, to supplement lower quality hay, straw and stover.
Stronger, growthier calves
Improved breedback & conception
Improved feed efficiency
Reduced weight loss due to weaning stress
Improved milk production & butterfat
Contains Diatomaceous Earth
How to Feed:
Daily intake will vary depending on forage quality and nutritional needs of the animal. There may an adaption period whereby animals will fill in their nutritional gaps, but should level out after one or two tubs. Consumption levels vary depending on the time of year, age of animal, weight and body condition of the animal and forage conditions.
One tub per 25 head of animals. Place away from water source. Tubs can be space fed. Place the appropriate number of tubs with the desired group of cattle assuming a consumption rate of 1-1.5 lbs. of product per day. For example, if the tubs are expected to last 7 days, then don’t place new tubs in pasture or feeding area until this day has been reached. The product will stay in the animal’s system for multiple days even after the feed is gone.
CAUTION: Contains 600 ppm copper • DO NOT FEED TO SHEEP • Do not use in association with another feed containing supplemental selenium.
Crude Protein, Min. 16.00%
NPN Max (AS)
Crude Fat, Min. 5.00%
Crude Fiber, Max. 5.50%
ADF Fiber, Max 8.50%
Calcium (Ca), Min. 1.50%
Calcium (Ca), Max.
Phosphorus (P), Min. 1.10%
Salt (NaCl), Min. 14.00%
Salt (NaCl), Max.
Magnesium (Mg), Min. 3.00%
Potassium (K), Min. 0.25%
Sulfur (S), Min. 0.65%
Copper (Cu), Min. 600 ppm
Selenium (Se), Min. 5 ppm
Zinc (Zn), Min 1,000 ppm
Iron (Fe), Min. 400 ppm
Manganese (Mn), Min. 750 ppm
Iodine (I), Min. 8 ppm
Cobalt (Co), Min. 4 ppm
Omega 3 fatty acid, Min.
Vitamin A, Min 100,000 IU/lb
Vitamin D, Min 20,000 IU/lb
Vitamin E, Min 850 IU/lb
Guaranteed Analysis, All SweetPro Products: